The British Institute of Interior Design (BIID) has announced the final line-up of inspirational speakers who will be participating in the 2018 annual conference; Inside Knowledge 2018: The BIID Business Success Conference on Thursday 8th November. The speakers include a number of experienced BIID members and design professionals who will be sharing their knowledge and expertise throughout the day, providing valuable business advice to inspire designers in their professional careers.
Joining internationally renowned hotelier and designer Olga Polizzi who is headlining the programme, are several other exciting speakers including:
- Andy McLoughlin; As Director Capital Projects at Hilton, Andy will join the panellists on ‘The professional design buyers view: a client perspective of working with interior designers,’ discussing his experience from a hospitality perspective.
- Antonio Martins; Design Director at Meyer Homes, Antonio Antonio is highly respected in the Design and Project Management field both on the Client and the Main Contractor side. He will be sharing his views on the client-designer relationship from a residential point of view in ‘The professional design buyers view: a client perspective of working with interior designers.’
- April Russell; Creating utterly unique interiors, interior designer April Russell is committed to delivering exceptionally designed interiors around existing or growing art collections and will be discussing this specialism in the ‘Finding My Niche Market’ panel discussion.
- Charles Leon; BIID Past President and Founder of Leon Black, Charles will be chairing ‘The professional design buyers view: a client perspective of working with interior designers’ panel discussion where panellists will be exploring the client-designer relationship and how best to achieve project success.
- Daniel Hopwood; BIID Past President and founder of Studio Hopwood, Daniel Hopwood will be chairing the ‘Finding My Niche Market’ panel discussion where panellists will be discussing how they have successfully differentiated their business and brand from others and built their reputation through a niche market.
- Elina Grigoriou; Elina Grigoriou is a London-based Interior Designer, Sustainability and Wellbeing Expert who passionately believes that style and sustainability can be mutually inclusive. Elina will be discussing how becoming a SKA rating assessor has added to her skills and helped her business grow.
- Emma King; An Interior Architect by training and with over 20 years’ hotel design experience, Emma leads the Interior Design team at InterContinental Hotels Group and will be sharing her experience of the client-designer relationship in ‘The professional design buyers view: a client perspective of working with interior designers.’
- Harriet Forde; Harriet is an established Interior Designer and the founder of London-based practice Harriet Forde Design, as well as being the BIID President Elect. Harriet will be sharing her knowledge of Pinterest and how it can be maximised as a time-saving and space-saving tool for sharing creative inspiration in ‘The App That Changed My Life.’
- Kia Stanford; Kia runs an entirely mobile, paper-free interior design consultancy; Kia Designs, and is widely recognised for her understanding of lighting design. She will be sharing her experience of utilising Basecamp for project management and team communication in ‘The App That Changed My Life.’
- May Fawzy; May is a designer director at MF Design Studio, an award-winning boutique interior architecture practise that specialises in commercial workplace interiors, which she will be speaking about in the ‘Finding My Niche Market’ panel discussion.
- Natalia Shchyra; Natalia is a Principal at OMO (Open minded + Organisation) and cofounder of Soesthetic Group (Ukraine). Natalia will be focusing on Virtual Reality based software Kubity and how this creating impactful client presentations in ‘The App That Changed My Life.’
- Peter Staunton; owner of boutique agency Peter Staunton Design, Peter creates a fearless mix of ‘Raw Luxury & Refined Design.’ Peter will be discussing how he uses app Sketchfab to enhance his designs in 3D in ‘The App That Changed My Life.’
- Rhian Barker; Design Director of Award-winning studio Accouter Design, Rhian is able to offer clients a 15 working day turn around on FF&E Projects. She will be discussing how this has made her brand stand out in the ‘Finding My Niche Market’ panel discussion.
- Sarah Ahluwalia; with over 30 years’ experience within the world of luxury interiors, Sarah’s work has a refined yet eclectic aesthetic. Sarah will be sharing her insights on using interior design business planning software Estimac in ‘The App That Changed My Life.’
- Simone Suss; as an interior designer and founder of Studio Suss, Simone Suss works with a range of clients including: retailers, property developers and well-known fashion houses. Simone will be focussing on the use of Instagram to showcase her projects and promote her brand in ‘The App That Changed My Life.’
- Susie Rumbold: BIID Past President and Creative Director at Tessuto, Susie Rumbold will be chairing ‘The App That Changed My Life,’ a quick-fire discussion where panellists will be sharing their insights on the specific technology that helps improve their working life and why this should be part of every interior designers working tool kit.
For the full programme, please visit: http://biidconference.com/programme/
Inside Knowledge 2018: The BIID Business Success Conference will be taking place on Thursday 8th November at 30 Euston Square, London. Gilly Craft, BIID President comments:
“We are so pleased to be able to share the final line-up of fantastic speakers who will be joining us for the 2018 Conference. Our programme is designed to engage, excite and inspire attendees, providing them with guidance and advice, to aid their professional or personal development. Our programme of speakers will do just that, and I can’t wait for this year’s unmissable conference.”
Tickets are selling fast, to book tickets, please visit www.biid.org.uk/events.
Join the conversation on social media #BIIDIK18.